So after all that decision making, I did go to AWA. And well, it was great for a first encounter.
- Mostly played Anima, an table-top RPG on Friday
- Went to Dealer’s room, wandered around the artists’ gallery, and pictures of cosplayers on Saturday
- Ran into sweaty people, waited in lines, and stared at the cosplayers on both days
That’s about it.
What We Will DO better NEXT time
- Plan out which events to attend
- Cosplay – did I forget to say that I was the abnormal one? I was dressed in jeans and an American Eagle top. Scary. (Friends are thinking Street Fighter for next year – but unfortunately, my leg muscles aren’t as gi-mongous as Chun-li’s legs, so we’ll see.)
- Having my eyes scarred by some cosplayers (I’m really sorry, but I saw one character that I thought was cosplayed by a man till I realized that the cosplayer had BOOBS and was a girl… Of course, I’m an arsehole for saying this. Sorry.) And Man-Sakura. But he was kinda funny. (If you really really want to see that, just tell me. But I doubt you do?)
- Missing the Yaoi stuff at nigh. Bad for a fujoshi.
- Having to figure out how to take all my stuffs back to California…
- Seeing NO Macross Frontier cosplayers, and NO Macross Frontier goodies. Man, I’m let down. WHERE’s My ALTO wallscrolls?!!!
- No “Scar, Harima Kenji, Maid Guy, DMC, or Aria cosplayers” *cough cough Baka Raptor* Does this make you happy?
- Seeing people dress up. It was like Halloween come early.
- Seeing a TON of people who are obssessed with anime like me. I don’t really see much of that in Cali. Maybe I’m blind?
- Some cosplayers rocked it. At least I liked them. And the jrocker look alikes are always welcomed.
- Buying all my stuff.
What I Got from AWA
- 2 Card-sized Prints (which I won from RPG-ing)
- A D’espairsRay T-shirt and the GazettE poster (cause I’m a hardcore J-rocker fan) – oh and if you saw the Reita, leave a comment. Hell, if you are the Reita guy, leave a comment. I took a picture of him on cameraphone cause he was the cutest thing there.
- A Giant Wallscroll of Lulu and his harem. Cause I thought he looked just so damn cool, and this will give me incentive to catch up.
- 3 Prints from the Artists’ Gallery. It’s chibi Kamina, L, and Kira. Too bad I couldn’t buy the whole set, but these 3 8×11 prints cost me $20 already. There was Yoko, Naruto characters like Rock and Hinata, and even Phoenix Wright (And the L drawing wouldn’t scan in, so I webcamed it. I’m lucky – the artist said I took the last one.)
… And Finally, the Cosplayers
If you see yourself and you want to be taken down, contact me. But generally, that shouldn’t be the case, right? You’re cosplaying. :]
All credit goes to my photographer friends (Tyler and Kyle). Here are some of them:
… and let us not forget pedo bear. Who we never got a picture of, because he as so elusive.